If you are a birth mother considering adoption, these are the top 5 things you should know about New Hampshire adoptions:
- You have the right to have an attorney help you through the adoption process and you will not be charged for attorney services. The adoptive parents pay for your legal fees, but the attorney will work for you.
- Birth mothers can receive reasonable birth-related. expenses after choosing an adoptive family which are paid for by the adoptive parents
- You can be as involved as you want in the selection of your child’s adoptive family and you can choose the degree of openness of the adoption.
- You have the right to change your mind about adoption at any time until the consent becomes final. You will not be able to legally relinquish your rights to your baby until 72 hours after the child is born.
- Adoption can be a difficult emotional process, and you do not have to go through it alone. An experienced attorney will help you through the legal process, and you are entitled to counseling to assist you with your feelings about the adoption.
If you are a birth mother considering adoption, please contact me at anytime, and I will get back to you right away to answer your questions and meet with you at your convenience at your home, at the hospital or at my office.