Kysa M. Crusco is a New Hampshire family law attorney and guardian ad litem who helps families through difficult times in their lives with skill and compassion. An experienced litigator located in Bedford, New Hampshire handling complex, high asset divorces and high-stakes parenting matters, Kysa remains dedicated to finding an out of court solution before litigation. Kysa has a special interest in same-sex divorce and the unique challenges that they present. In addition to divorce and parenting matters, Kysa handles termination of parental rights petitions, adoptions, grandparent visitation, guardianships of minors, domestic violence and child protection cases.
Kysa is a member of the New Hampshire Bar Association since 2003 and admitted to practice in Massachusetts since 2002. She currently serves as the chair of the New Hampshire Bar Association’s Family Law Section. In 2012, she completed the New Hampshire Bar Association’s Leadership Academy Program. Kysa is also a member of the Collaborative Law Alliance of New Hampshire, New Hampshire Women’s Bar Association, the Manchester Bar Association and the New Hampshire Association for Justice.
Kysa is an enthusiastic blogger providing information and insight for those folks embattled in family changes and the often-difficult matters that accompany them. Kysa has also been the go-to attorney for media in need of legal expertise for same-sex divorce, divorce, and abuse and neglect. In 2011, Kysa received the New Hampshire Bar Association’s Dedicated Pro Bono Service Award. Kysa assisted in preparation and filing of an amicus brief for In Re AM & CM regarding the appointment of counsel for parents accused of abuse or neglect in child protection proceedings. Most recently, Kysa successfully overturned a trial court’s post-divorce order reducing her client’s property settlement (https://www.courts.state.nh.us/supreme/3jx/2019/20190003.pdf).
Kysa received her J.D. from Suffolk University Law School and her B.A. from Boston College. Kysa is a proud alumna of Northfield Mt. Hermon and received an Alumni Citation Award in 2019 for dedicated service to the school.
Kysa lives in Manchester, New Hampshire with her husband and children. She swims with the Granite State Penguins, a workout group of New England Masters. Kysa competing in events from the 50 yard freestyle up to the 1,000 yard freestyle. Kysa competes at regional, national and world competitions, most recently at FINA World Championships in South Korea. She currently holds three individual New England records in the 40 -44 age group in the 1650 freestyle, 1500 freestyle and 800 freestyle in addition to two relay records in the 800 freestyle. Kysa has achieved 74 national Top 10 times.
- Family law
- Real Estate law
- Landlord/Tenant matters
- Civil litigation
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Manchester Bar Association
- New Hampshire Trial Lawyers Association
- New Hampshire Women’s Bar Association
- Family Law Section of the New Hampshire Bar Association
- Real Estate Section of the New Hampshire Bar Association
- Children’s Law Section of the New Hampshire Bar Association
- Northfield Mt. Hermon, 1994
- B.A .Boston College, 1998
- J.D. Suffolk University Law School, 2002
- New Hampshire
- United States Supreme Court
Community/Volunteer Activities and Awards
- Chair of the Family Law Section of the New Hampshire Bar Association
- Northfield Mt. Hermon, Alumni Council
- New Hampshire Bar Association Leadership Academy
- Board of Director for the Friends of the Manchester Animal Shelter (2008 – 2012)
- Volunteer Attorney for DOVE Project
- 2011 Dedicated Pro Bono Award, New Hampshire Bar Association